Monday, November 17, 2008

Questions

Fire Fox, I would like to read your blog. Is Sharon is Sharing your blog? Please advice. And Melissa Weishard, the reason for the initials. At first I wanted to remain anonymous. I soon realized it is impossible. Did you read the blog comment from the person who knew how to figure out the names of the fellow passengers on the Argentina. That really shocked me. In a later one, when I spoke of the doctor who said 'If my wife's hands looked like yours, I would divorce her' I feel I have to be careful about naming names. They had three children and I am so fearful that I could cause pain. The most interesting part of that story could not be told for that reason.

I promise I will call S. Sam from now on. He died ten years ago after a short illness. I miss him, and I treasure every memory of him, and even though I have moved into a Senior Living place, I feel his presence, and I treasure that too. I know he would approve of Shreve making me a blogger.

I will get back to Diablo next time. Those were my most inspired years. We had our fourth baby. She was an RH baby. All of them were cesarians but she was especially pink and beautiful when she was born. Sam was in Denver and my best friend took me to the hospital when the critical time arrived. She had never seen a newborn, who had not gone through the birth-canal and she named her rosebud. As you know, her birth made me begin painting for I had for the first time realized we were going to have four children in college at the same time. I began taking lessons. I owned an art school in Danville. I rented the upstairs of an abandoned railroad station, remodeled and gave art lessons there. This all took about 20 years. And I hope to tell you my best memories from that time. Since I began this tale claiming to be a name dropper I will promise to tell you talk about some big ones.

6 comments:

Melissa Weisbard said...

I completely understand about not wanting to name those who could possibly be hurt or offended by something you've said. I was mainly curious why you didn't refer to your husband and some family members by their names.

I am very sorry about the loss of your husband. I can't even imagine how difficult that would be.

I am also glad that Shreve turned you into a blogger! Your life story is wonderful and would certainly make a great memoir.

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...

Hello... my blog is called The Lollipop Tree (www.thelollipoptree.blogspot.com) and I would be honored if you took a look at it! Sharon is Sharing is the name of a blog that I like to read. She has some awesome photo's from all across the country.

Jodie said...

I'm glad that you continue to share. I figured that S was Sam as you referred to him that way a couple of times. It's probably best to be anonymous when telling stories about others. I try to only use first names on my blog or initials. Thanks again for sharing with us. You're a very neat lady!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful life and love you have shared with everyone. I just found it and devoured every bit of it ...and look forward to reading more.