Friday, November 4, 2011

Food

I love it when Shreve talks about food. I have her cook book and I can sit and read it like a novel. It always ends up with my going into the kitchen and since I am not Gluten sensitive I will often cheat and add something she is not allowed to have.

Tonight I am having the noodles with the truffle oil. I have two sections of Tony Roma's spare ribs in the refrigerator, one of which I will heat up on my BBQ. (A gift from one of my favorite sons-in-law) and my dinner will consist of spare ribs, noodles with a drop of truffle oil, a green vegetable also left over from yesterday, with a few drops of Ranch dressing. For dessert I will have a whole Kiwi fruit which I cut in half and eat out of the peel, the way you eat a grapefruit, only the spoon is much smaller. It is noon now and how do I wait.

Since we are talking about food, I will tell you what I had for breakfast, Coffee, one pear and one banana. For lunch I will have two thin slices of Safeway's Artisian black olive bread with a slice of tomato and a slice of cheese. If a dietary expert reads this, what am I missing. and since I have had two worry some instances of what could be gout, is there something wrong with today's menu? I will google Gout and see what that's all about.

Meanwhile, Bon Apetit.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fabulous! If I knew you better I might show up for dinner.

spirou said...

Sounds good to me ! what do you do for protein, any chicken or fish ?

Cin said...

So happy to see you back!! I've no idea about your food combinations. As long as you are getting some calcium and iron, you should be fine as frawg hair :)

Anonymous said...

Svensto... I just happened to come along to your post. I love them! For dinner this evening we will have wiskey steaks.. (venison) Oven fried potatoes soaked in olive oil, powdered garlic, black pepper & smoked paprika... still waiting to hear what the vegeatable is.....Imay have spelled that wrong but so what... oh well....

musingegret said...

Mmmmmm, Ms. Svensto.....your anticipated dinner menu sounds scrumptious. May I bring a few drops of good red wine to round out your repast? Bon Appetit!

Barbara said...

In addition to what you've mentioned, I think you could also add a large helping of salad greens.....

Melissa Weisbard said...

I inherited gout from my father. It's a miserable experience. Most of the time I have gout flare-ups from behing dehydrated. Drink plenty of fluids and stay away from processed meats. If you start to have flare-ups pretty frequently, talk to your doctor about a medication to either prevent the attacks or a medication to help stop the attacks when they start. A non-steriod anti-inflammatory (like Aleve) will also help ease the pain.

spirou said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING SVENSTO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arinn said...

your menu sounds great! i eat a kiwi the same way you do, but i have had people comment that it's a strange way to eat them. who knew?