Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What happened to the cat

Blick went looking for her mother after her sobbing stopped. She remembered to get a drink of  water from the pump in the kitchen sink and gave herself a quick wipe around her nose and mouth with her wet hand.

Her mother was sitting in the garden knitting on her eternal socks. Everyone in the house wore socks knitted by her. In the winter the socks went over the knees of everyone, but spring was coming  and from now on knee socks would be the style. She said"come here,Blick". I am so sorry about your cat. And I hope and pray that the blacksmith can fix him.

"Will you come with me when we go to get him?' I am so worried about him.

I really have no time for that. I think your Father better deal with that problem. You have to  remember to be more obedient.  

I didn't mean to be disobedient. I am so worried about that cat. If he dies I don't know what to do.

Just then Carlson's lur tooted.  Hush Blick. I want to hear what is for sale at the harbor.

ASll of a sudden Carlson's voice was heard saying Lingon berries for sale. 15 ore er liter


Come Blick. Let's hurry.I do not want to miss this sale. Let's get the big baskets.

No comments: