Friday, July 30, 2010

my computer is working again

Fun things have happened since the last time I wrote. Chris, my daughter in law, and I went into Seattle on the Senior Center bus to shop at IKEA. I drove a mechanized shopping cart for the first time. Easiest thing. Wish I had tried much earlier. Didn't buy much, but so much fun looking at all that merchandize. The meatball lunch was great. On the way home we stopped at Trader Joe's  in Tacoma and there I bought their triple Ginger Snaps. Yum.

Here, back at the farm, things are developing. The place is more beautiful than ever. The gardens have been manicured and it would be difficult to find a weed anywhere, nor a blade of grass that is longer than it is ordered to be. All our windows have been cleaned on the outside. The flowers are sensational. We have a marine layer of what looks like fog, but isn't every morning. It lasts a few hours in and then you  could imagine you were elsewhere, for it gets warm in the afternoon. No one is complaining.

We have had two cottages unoccupied for a while, but now they are all rented. A couple from Minnesota are moving in to the one directly across from my place. May turn out they are relatives of mine. For all people from Minnesota are Swedes? So I have heard. Lots of relatives went to America around the end of the 1800s. A lot of them never wrote home after they left Sweden. So who knows.

To all the wonderful people who have blogged, wondering why there was so much silence coming from my blog, I appreciate your concern and your care. I have missed blogging, but now that my computer is healthy again, I will try to get in touch more often.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Welcome back Svensto! I can't wait to be back in the Pacific Northwest and go to a Trader Joes! So many goodies there...

Anonymous said...

Any Roningens or Vandermeers in your family tree?

Barbara said...

I met a lady of your generation who had also been raised in Sweden in our neighborhood recently - she was as American as apple pie but very rooted in her Swedish heritage, too. She was also open minded. Sound familiar?

Anonymous said...

So good you are back, was worried that you had been taken serious ill. Looking foreward to your new posts. Kærlig hilsen EM

mss @ Zanthan Gardens said...

So glad to have you back and to hear that all is well. I really enjoy reading your stories--about the past, about the present--all of them.

Missed you!

weeder1 said...

So happy to find that you are back, and well, and having more adventures! I've missed your posts.

Anonymous said...

I checked everyday to see if you posted and tried not to worry about you. Glad you're back and glad you're daughters are coming for a visit.