Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I have to thank all of you who lightened my mood.

I am so grateful to all of you who commented And remember , you need not do it again. I now know you are all out there and it makes me happy.

 Many of my old friends maybe remember how I got into the School of Physical Therapy. I had saved enough money working as a Scandinavian domestic servant. I had saved enough money for the tuition. I went to the Hospital for the Ruptured and Crippled on 42nd street in New York City. And there I met Dr. Christian Hansson. I had an idea I wanted to go to medical School in Minnesota or if I didnt have enough points for that, maybe try for Nursing School in the same University. Dr. Hansson said, I come from the same part of Sweden, I know your School there and anyone graduating from there can enter into our School of Physical Therapy. I will accept you.

Dr. Hansson became my guiding light. He felt the same thrill I did when I got 99 on my first anatomy test. He helped me get the job as head polio therapist in Nashville Tennessee, where too many children were suffering from the big epidemic. When there were only two infants left he arranged a post-graduate membership to Warm Springs Georgia. There I felt successful. Met an Officers graduate, fell in love and married. On our honey moon in New York we invited Dr. Hansson to have dinner with us
The two men found the other OK.

All this was written for a comment from Prentiss, who is looking for information about his great grandfather. if you have any questions, just ask. I owe him a lot.

1 comment:

Prentiss Smith said...

Thank you very much for that account of Kristian. I never knew him, but he seems like a very good man and his daughter, my grandmother has told me much of him. I have enjoyed learning more about him, and your insight further helps that process. Thank you again.