Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hi Adrienne, Thank you for alerting me to the painting of the Black Woman and Child. I had forgotten about that painting. must have painted it in a class by Sir Thomas Leighton. In that year it might have been in a class by.Peter Blos. it was a surprise to see it. I like it though and am surprised at the quality of the painting for it was fairly early in my career as a painter. I dont know if you have already read about the reason for starting painting. When our fourth child was born and our oldest was four years and one month old I realized that we would have four children in college at the same time, and money might be tight and I better have some kind of income. This move has been so exciting. I love my wonderful house and the nearness of the two younger people next door. Everything is working so well and at this moment the two people from Bainbridge Island are here and we are having nothing but fun.There is a lot of eating and a lot of surfing.

1 comment:

Charlene said...

I just linked to the painting that Adrienne found. Beautiful! Any chance you have photos of your paintings you could share with us? That would be such a treat!

Glad you are enjoying your new home.