Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I have arrived

Suddenly Martha and her husband Bob told me they had bought a house next door to their house and that they called it Mom's House.
They wanted me to move next door to them in Santa Cruz, California. And then the question was, would I move.
My answer was, of course I would move. If they wanted me so close, what could be better.
Then there was the question.... When?
The first date discussed was the end of March.
Then Martha discovered she had a speaking date around that time.
After much haggling back and forth the moving occurred February 24. Luckily I had contacted Movers and found out it would take at least nine days before they could assure us of being able
to deliver the furniture after leaving Port Angeles. So Bob contacted a mover in Santa Cruz who assured us he would drive north, pick up my belongings and deliver them three days later.
Martha and I drove my car down in two and a half days. By the time we arrived the furniture had been deposited in more or less their correct places. There were, what seemed like one hundred and five boxes, and two days later they were all on the way to the dump. Everything is unpacked, flowers have been planted in my old pots. Today I bought a bouganvilla and a huge pot to plant it in. And today, after Martha helped me reprogram my computer, I can send a Blog again. (I had to patiently wait for Martha to send the manuscript of her third book to her editor)
And I think I can promise to be more punctual in my blogging.
I am so happy to be here.

19 comments:

Tara M said...

I'm glad you're back!

Anonymous said...

So glad you've returned! Congratulations on the move and being close to family!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back too. I enjoy your blog so much.

Enjoy your new home, and nearby family.

Susan said...

What an adventure for you! I'm so happy that you will have family so near, and that you have moved half continent closer to easier weather. Looking forward to more posts about both your past and your future!

Susan said...

gnalithWhat an adventure for you! I'm so happy that you will have family so near, and that you have moved half continent closer to easier weather. Looking forward to more posts about both your past and your future!

Susan said...

ct

Melinda said...

Congratulations on your new home! I am sure all your Port Angeles friends will miss you but I look forward to hearing about your adventures in Santa Cruz.

Liza said...

Good golly, you're efficient! I've still got a few boxes tucked away that I'll get to .... sometime. Glad you're near family.

conny said...

Congratulations on your new home! I was delighted to read a post from you again. I wish you the best of luck in your new surroundings.

June said...

You have returned. To a new place!
How lovely!
Congratulations on your new home, not to mention all the help you had in the horror of moving!

Anonymous said...

That's great news!!!
For us too! Now we will hear from you more!

Keitha

Barbara said...

What wonderful news! What a wonderful daughter! I wish you a very happy life in your new home!!!!!!

Beth said...

So happy for you! and glad you're back. I've missed you.

weeder1 said...

How exciting!
And what a cute little house! I'm so happy that you are "back" and I'm looking forward to your blog entries. (I was getting worried!) :>)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you, you have wonderful children who take good care of you ! What a beautiful place you have,like a fisherman's house by the sea; So happy and cheerful , what a great spot and Santa Cruz is a "smart people town". We were worried sick, but now we are delighted to see how beautiful your new home is.
Catherine

Harry/Sally said...

so happy to see apost from you, dear svensto! I hope the move is auspicous and joyous and that you will tell us about it!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see your post & i hope your new digs are happy and comfortable. Be well, dear Svensto!

Anonymous said...

Best place to be...



where you are wanted.

Domenico

Leigh said...

Yay! You are back!!